Skip to content

Orange Ragdoll Cat: Are They A Myth?

orange ragdoll cat

Ragdoll cats are unique compared to other cat species because of their beautiful blue eyes and compassionate and loyal behavior. Also, ragdoll cats are available in different color ranges, some rare and some common. The orange ragdoll cat is among the rare colors.

An orange-colored ragdoll cat’s undertones have red or cream-colored fur. The fur of an orange Ragdoll cat contains pheomelanin pigmentation. Based on how abundant it is, pheomelanin can have a flaming red or a delicate golden orange appearance.

Other than that, a ragdoll cat’s other characteristics are identical to those of a regular ragdoll cat. They are sweet, relaxed cats who enjoy receiving plenty of care from their human homes. Although orange pigment isn’t necessarily related to behavioral variations in ragdoll cats, some individuals do believe orange cats have a unique disposition. In this article today, we are going to discuss the orange ragdoll cat.

What Is An Orange Ragdoll Cat?

What Is An Orange Ragdoll Cat?
Credits: The Cat Butler


As said earlier, an orange ragdoll cat has a creamy coat with reddish-orange or golden creamish-orange points in all patterns available in the ragdoll community; pointed, bi-colored, lynx, and mitted. The orange-red component pheomelanin is the source of these ragdoll cat varieties.

The reddish-orange pointed cat is often referred to as flame point cats or red ragdoll cats because of the intense pheomelanin coloring in their color-pointed coat. Pheomelanin color is also present in the skin of cream-point Ragdoll cats, but it is less concentrated. The orange ragdoll cat is a huge-sized cat with long to medium length coat hair with an orange coat pattern that darkens on the edges of its nose, ears, claws, and toes.


Ragdolls are renowned for being cuddly, lively, and friendly. Many owners refer to them as the puppy of the ragdoll breed. According to research, orange ragdoll cats are comparably more extroverted than other varieties of the ragdoll species. To prove this assertion, however, will take additional, in-depth study and testing.

Ragdolls are friendly, devoted, and compassionate, regardless of their color or patterning. These cats prefer to stay close whenever possible because they depend on their owners and loved ones. According to certain studies, male cats are more inclined to be friendly, devoted, and active. More information is required because other studies have refuted this.

The training, physical activity, grooming, and care you offer your orange ragdoll cat will determine your cat’s temperament. If you try to gain the trust of your ragdoll cat by providing it with a safe, comfortable, and secure habitat, it will be more healthy and energetic.

Nutrition And Exercise:

In their growing stage, a ragdoll cat must be given plenty of food, more than just a sufficient amount. Once they grow, a strict eye must be kept on what they eat and how much they eat because they are often more prone to being obese due to overfeeding. They are carnivores and therefore need plenty of dry food and a certain amount of wet food.

Orange ragdoll cats require proper training and daily physical exercise sessions to avoid obesity and health issues. It is advised to spend 30 minutes daily twice to train your cat to keep it in shape. Training will also polish the innate predatory skills of your ragdoll cat. To train or provide your cat with some physical activity, you can always use cat toys available on the market.


Ragdoll cats are generally in good health. An orange ragdoll kitten has not been linked to any particular health problems. Due to their absence of an undercoat, Ragdoll cats have a unique trait that helps them shed less fur over time.

Brushing will also stop mats from forming. If mats do develop, they must be cut out with scissors. They might need to have their nails clipped once every quarter to keep them from splitting, curling, and becoming dangerous to others. It is also suggested to clean their ears and mouth now and then.

While they do not need frequent baths, it is advised to bathe them once every month. Grooming your cat is the best way to check for any signs or symptoms of infections or diseases. Along with that, a regular check-up with the local vet is also essential.

Facts About Orange Ragdoll Cats:

  • The orange ragdoll cat species does not contain the tortoiseshell pattern of the ragdoll coat. This is because the orange color patches on their ragdoll coat are not quite visible.
  • The genetic mutation of orange ragdolls is such that there is a 75% chance that it will be a male and only a 25% chance that it will be a female.
  • The intensity of the ragdoll color points’ orange color changes with their habitat; that is, their coats are temperature sensitive due to the production of melanocytes. When the temperature is lower than usual, you will notice a highlighted and darker orange color, and during high temperatures, the orange is more on a light edge.
  • Irrespective of their color, ragdoll cats are born white when they mature.

FAQs on Orange Ragdoll Cat

What is the orange ragdoll cat price?

Remember, the rarity of the cat’s color might cost you on the upper edge of the ragdoll cat price range. The ultimate price will depend on your locality, cat’s health, and age. You can expect the price to be 2000 USD to 2700 USD.

Can a Ragdoll cat be orange?

Yes, it can be orange in color. The orange ragdoll cat has a cream or white coat with reddish-orange or goldish-orange color points.

What is a ginger Ragdoll called?

The orange ragdoll cat comes with two color point varieties, one being more of reddish color points and the other being more golden. The reddish color-pointed ragdoll cat is known as flame point ragdoll or ginger ragdoll cat.

What are some orange ragdoll cat names?

You could name your orange ragdoll cat or orange ragdoll cat mix:
– Poppy
– Mandarin
– Daisy
– Sunny
– Blooming
– Ginger

Final Thoughts:

The orange ragdoll cat is a beautiful color variation of the ragdoll species. The melanin in them is the reason behind the orange pigmentation of their coat. They have all the innate features of a ragdoll cat. The orange color does not change its personality or natural instincts.