Ragdoll Cats are renowned for being one of the giant cat species, but they are also noted for their relaxed and friendly disposition. After their pleasant attitude, size is arguably this breed’s second most attractive and adored characteristic. But how big do ragdoll cats get?
Ragdoll cats are huge to medium-sized cats, but the actual question is how big ragdoll cats get and what is known concerning their size. The weight of a ragdoll cat can range from 10 to 20 pounds. Males can reach up to 20 pounds, while females should measure around 10 and 15 pounds. They are big, long-haired cats with calm personalities. They like to bask in the sun like the majority of cats do. In 4 years, they attain their total growth and development. In this post today, we will discuss more how big do ragdoll cats get.
How Big Do Ragdoll Cats Get?
Ragdoll cats are the most stunning and beautiful looking cats with shimmering blue eyes. They are demanded increasingly every day due to their personality and fluffy nature. Its size is the reason behind its cuddly nature. What you feed your cat, their genetics, underlying health conditions, and many more. Let’s take a look into how big do ragdoll cats get when they mature.
Ragdoll Cat: Height And Weight
A ragdoll cat’s size makes it unique compared to other cat species. The typical domestic cat stands between 8 and 10 inches (20 and 25 cm) tall. Male Ragdoll cats are typically twice as tall as domestic cats, ranging in height from 16 inches (40 cm) to 26 inches (60 cm).
A typical cat with a well-balanced diet, on average, has a total length of 17 to 21 inches (40 to 50 cm), a weight range of 8 to 20 pounds around 4 to 9 kg, and a lifetime of 15 to 17 years or more. Typically, female Ragdoll cats are shorter, standing between 15 inches (35 cm) and 23 inches (60 cm) tall. The adult female ragdoll cat has a similar weight and body length traits.
Ragdoll Kitten: Height And Weight
Some ragdoll cat owners are also concerned about how big do ragdoll cats get when they are a kitten. A ragdoll kitten is adopted around 11 to 12 weeks. The kitten will have much lower body weight and height than a full-grown ragdoll cat. Kittens do not vary much when it comes to size. Ragdoll kittens have the same weight and height as the other species of kittens, irrespective of whether they are male or female.
After a year or half, the ragdoll kitten starts to differ in size. So when it crosses the threshold, the ragdoll kitten starts exponentially varying in height and weight. A Ragdoll kitten’s weight at 9 weeks of age will probably range from 1 pound, 10 ounces to 2 pounds, 5 ounces. By 12 weeks, this had risen to somewhere between 3 and 4 pounds.
Many Ragdoll kittens experience a phase of peak growth around the age of five months, so be ready to boost their food intake during this phase. Their growth will then begin to cease after that. As a general rule, your Ragdoll kitten will increase one pound up to the age of 12 months for every month that passes.
How Big Do Ragdoll Cats Get: Some Facts
Really how big do ragdoll cats get depends upon many factors, and there are many things associated with the size of a ragdoll cat.
- How big do ragdoll cats get depends not only on nutrition but also on their genetics. Their parents’ size will matter a lot when it comes to their size, just like we have in humans. Some ragdoll kittens are naturally tiny in size.
- Some ragdoll kittens tend to grow at a slower rate. Most ragdoll kittens grow fully by the end of a year. However, how big do ragdoll cats get will also depend on their growth rate. If your kitten is the runt of the litter, it might have a slow aging rate and take more than just a year to grow fully.
- How big do ragdoll cats get will also influence their cuddliness. The bigger your ragdoll cat is, the more cuddly it is. More giant cats provide more and more comfort and warmth and are relaxing to snuggle.
- Ragdoll cats do require proper accommodation due to their size. All cat food pallets, sofas, and climbers may not suit ragdoll cats because of their larger size compared to other cats. If you have designated cat resting areas around the windows, ensure they are sturdy enough to hold the ragdoll’s weight and size.
- Owners generally overfeed their cats in the quest to feed their ragdoll cat enough during their growth phase. This will cause obesity, leading to more health problems in your ragdoll cats. How big do ragdoll cats get is all about nutrition. The more you feed, the bigger they get, and this might cause obesity in them. Therefore, the key here is moderation.
Male Vs Female Size
|Basis||Male Ragdoll||Female Ragdoll|
|Size||16 to 26 inches tall, taller than females.||15 to 23 inches tall, shorter than males.|
|Weight||Ranges from 15 to 20 pounds||Ranges from 10 to 15 pounds|
|Food||Need more calories, around 350 cal daily.||Need comparatively fewer calories, 250 cal daily.|
FAQs on How Big Do Ragdoll Cats Get
Are Ragdoll cats bigger than normal cats?
Yes, ragdoll cats are bigger than many cat species. They are sometimes bigger than Maine Coon cats too. How big do ragdoll cats get depends on their nutrition, health, genetics, and habitat.
What is the price of the ragdoll cat?
Ragdoll cats come in a variety of colors and sizes. Therefore, what price you will have to pay for a ragdoll cat depends on your location, breeder, the color of the cat, age, and health issues. You can expect anything between 500 USD to 2500 USD.
Are Ragdoll cats bigger than Maine Coons?
Mostly they are not bigger than Maine Coons. They are either the same height and weight as Maine Coon cats or might be an inch taller or shorter than them. How big do ragdoll cats get depends on various factors discussed above.
With this, we have come to the end of our article on how big do ragdoll cats get. With a healthy life, Ragdoll cats can weigh 8 to 20 pounds and height 12 to 15 inches. Ragdoll cats’ size and weight will also differ according to their nutrition, parent breed, habitat, and health conditions.