Making sure horses get sufficient water is crucial to their care. Horses require access to clean, fresh water to sustain their physical and mental well-being. A horse watering trough is an essential piece of equipment for giving horses a steady water supply, preventing dehydration, and enhancing general horse health.
- DURABLE and STURDY: The automatic horse waterer is made of high-quality ABS plastic, which is corrosion-resistant, rust-proof, non-deformation, clean and hygienic, and durable. Always provide fresh water for animals.
- LARGE CAPACITY: This horse water trough has a large-caliber and 2L large-capacity design, which is convenient for animals to drink water. The smooth edge design avoids scratching the animal’s mouth.
- AUTOMATIC WATERE: The automatic water trough is designed with a spring, the animal presses their nose on the black tongue to fill with water. Every time they press it fills with water when they release it the water shuts off.
- EASY TO INSTALL: It is very convenient to connect the drinking fountain to the wall, tin frame, cross bar, etc. Just connect it to the garden hose to easily ensure that pets can drink fresh water
- WIDE APPLICATION: This automatic water bowl is very suitable for your pet dogs, cattle , goats, horses and other livestock animals. It is an ideal water trough for animal drinking.
- (4) 15-gallon multipurpose tanks for any tasks ranging from farm life to creative home DIY solutions
- Molded from lightweight, durable poly plastic with molded rim handle; Dimensions (L x W x H): 29.75 x 23 x 8 inches
- Seamless design and oval shape provides superior structural integrity
- 3/4-inch drain hole easily attaches to standard garden hoses for filling and draining
- Drain plug is not included (sold separately); Material: Poly plastic
- watering kit-1pc 304 stock waterer+1/2”float valve+Pipe(about 80cm)+adaptor+2pcs 304expanding screw bolts
- Wide Use-This dog bowl is suitable for dog horse cattle cow sheep goat pig sow donkey or other big animal drinking.
- Waterer Anchor-The expanding screw bolts size M8*70,easy to fix and stable. If you have any questions, please contact us instantly, we will help you to solve it.
- Easy to Clean-the surface of the bowl is Polished so that you can clean it easily with Wet wipes so that there is no stains, no growth, mold, algae, etc.
- Made from durable plastic and provides continuous supply of fresh water flowing for your animals.
- Adjusting water level. To adjust the water level, remove lid to access float valve. Loosen the plastic nut, and adjust float up or down, then re-tighten plastic nut.
- An easy, convenient way to ensure your pet has enough to drink while you’re having fun in the backyard.
- Ideal for your dogs, outdoor cats and even other animals like goats, horse and cows.
- Easy to install,water inlet size:1/2”
- FLOAT CONTROLLED: Auto cattle waterer has float controlled refill feature that automatically refills the tank when the water level drops below a certain point
- STANDARD HOSE CONNECTION: 3-pack of automatic watering troughs connect to a standard 3/4 inch garden hose, making it easy and convenient to set up
- 4-GALLON CAPACITY: The waterer has a 4-gallon water capacity, making it perfect for large animals like cattle and horses
- MOUNT TO A FENCE OR WALL: Includes metal brackets for over-the-fence or on-the-wall installation (hardware not included)
- INCLUDES HOSE: An attached, 30-inch hose is included with a female hose attachment so you can hook up to an outdoor tap
Types Of Horse Watering Trough
Horse watering troughs exist in many varieties, each with unique benefits and characteristics. You can select the best alternative for the unique needs of you and your horse. Below are some of the most common types of horse watering troughs available in the market.
- Traditional Water Troughs – The most fundamental and often used form of horse watering is the conventional ground-level trough. Usually, these troughs are constructed from sturdy materials like rubber, stone, or concrete. They provide horses with water at a reasonable price and are installed immediately on the ground.
- Automatic Water Troughs – A high-tech technology dubbed automatic waterers gives horses a steady flow of clean water. These waterers employ sensors to automatically release water when the horse is present. These kinds of water troughs make managing water easier and more efficient.
- Elevated Water Troughs – Elevated horse watering troughs for senior horses have various advantages over ground-level troughs since they are made to be lifted off the ground. Horses may drink from these troughs because they are frequently installed on poles or stands, which raises them higher. For horses with joint problems or restricted movement, it makes access easier and keeps the water cleaner.
- Insulated Water Troughs – Under severe weather conditions, insulated troughs are made to keep water at a consistent temperature. The materials used to build them often act as insulation, keeping the water from freezing in the winter and keeping it cool in the summer.
- Mobile Water Troughs – The use of portable troughs is flexible and handy since they may be moved and positioned as required. These troughs are frequently constructed from strong, lightweight materials like plastic or rubber. It is perfect for short-term arrangements, travel, or events.
Why Use A Horse Watering Trough?
Horse drinking troughs are essential for maintaining the fitness and safety of horses. Horses must have access to a clean water supply in order to survive. Therefore, keeping that source accessible and clean is crucial.
- Horses need enough water to support their digestive systems and keep themselves well-hydrated. Water helps meals break down and be absorbed, ensuring that nutrients be used to their full potential.
- A horse watering trough offers a steady stream of water, lowering the possibility of dehydration and related health issues.
- Horses naturally want to often drink water, and a well-constructed watering trough encourages regular water consumption. Horses are more likely to drink from troughs that are large and easy to access.
- Horses may refill their water levels when a watering trough is nearby, which helps to cool down their muscles and prevent heat-related problems like heatstroke and discomfort.
- A horse watering trough offers a clear indicator of water usage. Horse owners or carers can determine whether horses are consuming enough by keeping an eye on the water level in the trough.
- Multiple horses can congregate and drink from a watering trough that has enough room, promoting a feeling of camaraderie and lowering stress.
How To Install A Horse Watering Trough?
For horses to have easier access, to require less upkeep, and to ensure a source of clean water, a horse watering trough must be installed properly. If you are thinking of installing a horse watering trough in a pasture, here is a detailed guide for you to install a horse watering trough.
- Pick a place with a stable and well-drained area that is convenient for horses to reach.
- Remove any shrubs to stop grass or other plants from encroaching on the trough or contaminating the area.
- Think about how many horses the watering trough will accommodate. Based on the anticipated water use, choose the suitable size and volume.
- Create a solid floor or foundation for ground-level troughs using supplies like crushed gravel or sand.
- Assemble the watering trough according to the manufacturer’s directions. To avoid tilting or movement, make sure the trough remains level and firmly in place.
- Make sure the water supply is pure, uncontaminated, and convenient for maintenance and refill.
- Set the water depth so that horses may easily drink from it without undue splashing or water waste.
- To avoid water buildup near the trough, think about adding an overflow system or making sure sufficient drainage is in place.
- Regularly wash the trough by following some easy cleaning tips for horse watering troughs – washing it with a light detergent, thoroughly draining it, and then refilling it with new water.
Maintainenace Of Horse Watering Trough
A horse watering trough needs to be properly maintained in order to provide horses with a safe and dependable water source. Regular maintenance maintains optimal performance, prevents contamination, and enhances general health and well-being.
- To keep the watering trough free of dirt, debris, and algae growth, regularly clean it. Thoroughly empty the trough and cleanse the interior with a light detergent or cleaning agent made specifically for the same.
- Keep the trough in a shady place to lessen exposure to direct sunlight, and frequently clean and scour the trough to remove any existing algae to avoid the formation of algae.
- Check the watering trough often for any indications of deterioration, such as cracks, leaks, or structural problems. If any damage is found, the trough should be quickly repaired or replaced as appropriate.
- Regularly check that the water level in the trough is at a suitable level for the horses to drink freely. To guarantee a constant flow of water, fill the trough as needed.
- Use heated pitchers or trough warmers made especially to prevent freezing, or insulate the trough with substances like foam insulation or a thermal cover to maintain heat.
- Keep the space clear of trash and tidy around the watering trough. Eliminate any organic stuff that may slip into the trough, such as grass or leaves.
- Make sure the water in the trough is clean and contaminant-free by routinely inspecting its quality. Investigate and take immediate corrective action if the water looks to be unclean.
FAQs on Horse Watering Trough
How many liters does a horse drink per day?
A horse must drink around 30 to 50 liters of water every day.
What is an ideal size for a horse watering trough?
Sixteen inches wide and 18 inches deep.
A horse watering trough is an integral part of caring for horses. Troughs help horses stay hydrated, aid with digestion, control body temperature, and foster social contact by making clean, fresh water easily accessible to them.